Corporate Governance 101
Full Day Workshop:
This workshop is about transitioning from an income generating to a profit generating entity successfully. Most of us start running our businesses with a skill we have or an opportunity we come across. Then suddenly the business gets bigger and it starts running us! Whether it is through expansion, growth and (hopefully) profitability that new structures and roles need to be understood, or whether you are getting more shareholders or directors and have no clue about the impacts or legalities they can have – this day course covers all you need to know to grow and move forward confidently.
- 1 Day Practical Workshop
- Total Workshop Duration: 6 hours
Book 5 seats or more and qualify for our bulk price discount of -15% per seat!
*Click on the month tab to see the dates available in the upcoming months.
The Power of Perspectives
- Understanding values and its impact on perceptions
- Perspectives and influencing others
- Engaging in perspectives with your management teams, stakeholders and others.
Strategy – is it a buzz word?
- Unpacking the term ‘strategy’, it’s meaning to you, your staff and your organization
- Exploring strategic conversations and creating common values is teams
- The impact strategy has on your competitive advantage
Structure of a Company – Clarifying the roles
- Concept of Corporate governance and the implications on a micro and macro level
- Accountability and personal responsibility in the workplace
- Company – strategic, executive and management roles
- The Company’s Act – differentiating shareholders and directors
- Delegations of authority
What is a Board of Directors and why have one
- Concept and duties of a board
- Type of people on a board
- Key issues of The Company’s Act
- King Commission
- Your company and its future “integrated” role
- Creating a board agenda
08:30 – 10:00 Session 1 (1 ½ hours)
10:00 – 10:15 Tea/Comfort Break (15 minutes)
10:15 – 11:45 Session 2 (1 ½ hours)
11:45 – 12:30 Lunch (45 minutes) and light lunch
12:30 – 14:00 Session 3 (1 ½ hours)
14:00 – 14:15 Tea/Comfort Break Lunch (15 minutes)
14:15 – 15:45 Session 4 (1 ½ hours)
Attendees: Up to 20
Included: Content of all presentations; workbook material; refreshments and light lunch